You may choose not to provide us with your Personal Information at your discretion. In such case, you may have limited access to some areas within our website.
Process of Personal Information
2. Collection of Personal Information
In order to provide you with enhanced customer services, Kyowa may ask for your Personal Information such as your name, address, email address and phone number when you contact or request us to provide any material or information through our website. In such case, we will collect your Personal Information to the extent necessary for us to perform the services after notifying you of the purpose of use and our contact details etc.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, Kyowa may not notify you of the purpose of use when the Personal Information is provided:
- in a business meeting with a sales representative of Kyowa, through our sales activities via phone, through business card exchange or otherwise; or
- on business card at any event, fair or seminar etc.
3. Purpose of Use of Personal Information
Kyowa will use your Personal Information for the following purposes, and we will not use your Personal Information for any other purposes:
- to reply to your queries, to provide any relevant information or to contact you for any other purpose;
- to send you any information or material that would be useful to you including, but not limited to Kyowa’s product, catalogue, brochure and direct mail, and other information on our new products or services;
- to perform our obligations under any contract with you, or to control any matters after conclusion of such contract; or
- to contact you for or send you any information on Kyowa’s recruitment activities or process.
4. Disclosure and Provision of Personal Information
Kyowa may provide our group companies with the Personal Information provided by you to fulfill the purposes of use as notified to you. We will not disclose or otherwise make available the Personal Information to any other individual or entity unless:
- we receive the consent from you;
- we engage any business partner or subcontractor who is entered into a confidentiality agreement on personal information protection with Kyowa under which it shall process the Personal Information on our behalf to the extent necessary for the purposes of use as notified to you,;
- we make your Personal Information unidentifiable statistical data;
- the disclosure to a third party is permitted by applicable laws and regulations or guidelines or principles thereunder.
5. Security of Personal Information
Kyowa will take all reasonable security measures to hold the Personal Information provided by you in strict confidence, and to prevent it from unauthorized disclosure or modification, misapplication or other misuse. During collection of your Personal Information, we will endeavor to ensure a secure server connection by using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption of the Personal Information or other equivalent security technology to prevent any unauthorized access by third parties.
When you revisit Kyowa’s website or on other occasions, a data (i.e. cookie) may be sent to your computer and stored on your hard disk to identify your computer. We use cookie technology to obtain the access log files for providing the best possible personalized online experience or improving our website services. For the avoidance of doubt, the cookie does not identify you personally.
7. Use of Google Analytics™
For further details of Google Analytics™, please refer to the following linked website:
Legal Notice: Google Analytics™ is a trademark of Google Inc.
8. Protection of Personal Information at Linked Websites
Kyowa assumes no responsibility for the personal information practices of any websites that may be linked from our website and are operated or controlled by any individual or entity other than Kyowa.
Kyowa will comply with applicable laws and regulations, rules and other guidelines relating to the protection of the Personal Information.
11. Suspension of Use; Deletion of Data
If Kyowa receives any request from you for suspension of your own use, deletion, or suspension of provision to third parties of your Personal Information in our possession, we will do so without delay after confirming that such request was made by yourself and you have a reasonable reason for such request.
12. Contacting Us
Corporate Planning & Finance Department
KYOWA ELECTRONIC INSTRUMENTS CO., LTD.
3-5-1, Chofugaoka, Chofu